December 31, 2017

Looking Back at 2017

This year has been fun and fast and full of lots of new things!  I thought it'd be fun to look back at the past year.

January

We kicked off the year with some goal setting and organizing our house.  We were excited to start off the year we would meet Cooper!  We celebrated our niece's 2nd birthday and took our childbirth classes.  I started learning how to use our new camera.  I also started my 5 year journal at the beginning of 2017 and I'm looking forward to going through it again this year!

February

In February we celebrated Valentine's Day with homemade dinner together.  I worked on lots of projects for Cooper and I had a baby shower with family and friends!

March

This was baby prep month!  Since our due date was March 31, we knew Cooper could come in either March or April.  I tried to space out my projects so that the crucial things were done in time, but I wouldn't be left with nothing to occupy my hands and my mind in the last few weeks.  I worked on lots of sewing projects, Cooper's room, and freezer meals.  We also took advantage of our free time with lots of date nights and walks. 

April
 April started off with meeting baby Cooper and then was filled with all things baby.  We celebrated Cooper's first Easter and David's dad's birthday.  We also did lots of photo shoots to remember our little guy.  Even looking at these pictures, it's hard to remember how small he was!  

May
May brought Cooper's first month "birthday" and lots of baby smiles and faces.  We continued to settle into life as a family of three and help Cooper adjust to life in the world.  I also got to celebrate my first Mothers' Day with Cooper and we spent Memorial Day weekend with lots of friends.

June 

June brought more of the same with day to day life with Cooper.  We celebrated Fathers' Day for David and his dad and had Cooper's baby dedication at our church.  I didn't blog about it, but Cooper had his lip tie and posterior tongue tie cut at a pediatric dentist which helped with his feeding and reduced his discomfort eating.  We ended the month celebrating David's 30th birthday with our first date night since Cooper was born.

July
July started with Cooper's first road trip.  We spent time in Oklahoma visiting friends and family and Cooper got to meet his Grandnanny for the first time.  I blogged about the mysterious 3 month mark and some of the struggles Cooper and I were having, but the good things we had going for us in the midst of it.  I threw a baby shower for my friend Yali and enjoyed getting to work on projects for that.  Cooper and I also went to a Bible Study with other first time moms and met some new friends while we got out of the house!

August
August brought an attempt to make a schedule for Cooper, which he didn't really stick to very well ;)  We did start sleep training after we had to stop swaddling and after a few rough nights and naps, he started putting himself to sleep!  Cooper and I also started going to baby swim lessons which he has loved.

September
September brought some milder weather and the opportunity to get outside more--which we love.  Cooper went to his first Rangers game and his first OU/Baylor Football Game.  He started sitting up by himself which brought a whole new world of possibilities for playtime.  He also started sleeping through the night sometime this month!  I got to be on the launch team for Melanie Shankle's new book.  I also blogged about my Reverse Bucket List.

October
My very favorite season started in October and it was so much more fun to celebrate it with Cooper!  We went to the State Fair and some Pumpkin patches and celebrated his first Halloween.  Coop and I also got to go on a quick trip to The Pioneer Woman Mercantile with my mom and family.  Cooper also started food in October after his 6 month check up and he was a BIG fan.

November
We continued all of our Fall fun in November as we looked ahead to Thanksgiving.  At the beginning of November, we started Cooper on formula because he wasn't gaining weight well enough and he took right to taking bottles all the time!  He also continued to try lots of new foods and I tried my hand and making some purees for him.  We traveled to Oklahoma to spend Thanksgiving with family and stopped at OU on our way home.  

December
December brought all things Christmas fun!  We celebrated Advent with a different Christmas song each day and we went to lots of local Christmas activities.  We ended the season with Christmas with both of our families then a week at home to recover!


What a year it's been!  We closed out 2017 with New Years Eve at home.  Since David and I have been dating, we've spent New Years Eve somewhere different each year--and this year we were excited to stay in (especially when it ended up being really cold outside).  We celebrated with homemade party hats and noisemakers while we watched the New Year come in in London before Cooper went to bed.  Looking forward to all that 2018 will hold!



No comments: