December 5, 2017

Decking the Halls

The weekend after Thanksgiving, we got our house all decorated for Christmas.  The inside is pretty similar to how it's been in past years.  We did move our tree to our living room (from our dining room) and I'm loving it in there.  

Of course there are several Cooper-related additions 

Including a stocking
 Baby's 1st Christmas Ornaments
 And a pretty bare bottom part of our tree so he can't reach many of the ornaments!

One of my favorite new parts of our decorations is our yard decor.  We didn't do Christmas lights this year or put much out on the front porch, but we did add some wooden cutouts. 
We saw these snowmen at a craft fair last Fall and fell in love with them.  We didn't get them last year, but tracked them down this Fall and bought our little family of snowmen.

 My mom made these wooden cutouts of Mickey and Minnie Ice Skating and a candy cane (as well as Garfield and Odie singing Christmas carols) when I was little.  She doesn't use them in her yard, so they've just been in her garage for the last several years.  So I asked if we could have them and she gladly gave them to us.  And for my birthday I asked David to buy lighting for them so we have spotlights on them at night.  I love having some fun and festive stuff in our yard!

Cooper is loving all of the Christmas lights too!  So far he has done really well with everything--he touches the tree but isn't too crazy this year.  We are so excited for Cooper's first Christmas!



No comments: