December 28, 2017

Christmas Morning at Home

Christmas morning arrived and we were excited to celebrate with Cooper!  I woke up early and filled Cooper, David, and Lily's stockings and then worked on prepping a few things for our breakfast.  At 7:30, I got Cooper up and fed him.  Then we started our Christmas festivities.

 First up was reading a version of the Christmas Story.  We chose the story in the Jesus Storybook Bible that talks about the Angels appearing to the Shepherds and sharing the Good News of Jesus' birth!
We also sang our 25th Song of Advent--Joy to the World was a great end to 25 days of songs and a great beginning to our Christmas Day!

 Even though this Advent "calendar" was a last minute idea, it ended up being a really meaningful part of our Christmas season and I am so glad we did it!  I think we'll definitely incorporate it into our celebration in the coming years too!

After the story and the song, we headed out to the living room for presents!  We only got Cooper one main gift this year (apart from his stockings).  It is a baseball rocking horse that I found on an online garage sale site (yay for good deals on fun gifts!)

 We brought him to the edge of the living room so he could explore and he crawled right up to check it out.  He and Lily both checked it out for a while before he got on to test it out.  

(side note: when I was growing up, my parents always filmed our entire Christmas mornings.  They set up a video camera on a tripod and just had it running.  So we decided to do that too.  And we got some great video of Cooper finding his toys and opening his stockings--I'm so glad we'll have that to look back on his first Christmas!)

 Cooper was a big fan of this rocking toy.  He is always moving and bouncing, so this is a fun addition to his life for sure!  I'm glad he loved it as much as I thought he would.

Then it was time for stockings:
 David helped Cooper open his stocking.  He got a book, a toy and then a few things he needed-- labels for his bottles when we leave him at the church nursery, a tag with his name on it for his diaper bag, sock ons to help keep his socks on.

 We read his new book Song of the Stars that tells the story of Jesus' birth from the perspective of Creation.  After that, David and I opened our stockings (Lily got things out of hers while Cooper opened his).  We don't do gifts for each other, other than stocking stuffers.  He got me a few pieces of jewelry that I wanted and I got him a Dad keychain, a book, and a gift certificate for a local scavenger hunt to try out.

 Then we grabbed a family pictures in our pajamas!
 I made Sausage Cream Cheese crescent rolls and Monkey Bread for breakfast.  Cooper had some sausage and fruit.  After breakfast we all got dressed and ready to head to David's parents' house.
Cooper was all ready in his My 1st Christmas onesie!

It was a fun morning with our little family--looking forward to many Christmas celebrations in the coming years!!

No comments: