November 2, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Monkey Bread

I had decided this week I wanted to make one of our breakfast recipes.  We are going out of town this coming weekend, so I thought I might make it Friday morning before we left.  But then I woke up this morning with all the "extra time" after the time change, so I decided to make it as a pre-church snack.

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe for Monkey Bread and I think I have made it once before.  My brother (her husband) is a huge fan of cinnamon rolls, so I'm sure this one is a big hit at their house!

It was a fun and simple breakfast to make and was very yummy!

Monkey Bread
*1 can of 8 refrigerated biscuits *1/3 stick melted butter {I melted a whole stick to make sure I had enough} *Sugar/Cinnamon mix--1 tablespoon cinnamon to 1/4 cup sugar (mix until it looks right) {I did 1/3 cup of sugar and added as much as cinnamon as I thought was right and I ended up having to make a little more to finish it out--maybe I was too generous with the cinnamon sugar on each one!}
-Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces
-Roll each into a ball- roll in melted butter and then in cinnamon/sugar mix
-Stack in pie pan sprayed with Pam
-Pour left over butter & cinnamon mix on top
-Bake at oven temperature as stated on biscuit container, but for 10-12 mins longer than you would plain biscuits (about 27 mins)


No comments: