November 16, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: 8 can Taco Soup

All week I had planned to make a different recipe than the one I ended up making.  We had a square dance Friday night with our International Students so I picked out a dessert and bought everything for it and planned to make it up until Friday when I realized the one I had picked out didn't really transfer well and needed to be served quickly after it was made so that doesn't work out well for taking it to any function-- so I found a different dessert to take Friday night.

So I switched gears and decided to make one of our warm recipes for dinner this weekend.  We have had crazy cold weather this past week so I figured one of our soups would be good for this weekend since we'd be home Saturday night.  

Yesterday morning we went to a workshop at church.  Then we did a little Christmas shopping for family before coming home to the (dreaded) task of getting our pool ready for winter.  We've been cleaning leaves out of the pool since we moved in, but still haven't had time to cover it and we were determined to do so yesterday.  So we spent a few hours outside cleaning the pool and then getting the cover ready and the water bags filled to hold the cover down.  It was cold and blustery outside.  And by the end of the day we were wet from filling the water bags (weights for the pool cover) so a warm dinner was just what we needed.


 Luckily I was ready to go with this super easy and delicious recipe from my best friend Erin.  Erin and I have cooked lots of meals for each other over the course of our friendship--and most of them are usually an adventure!  It's fun now having dinner together at the homes we are building with our husbands--we definitely both cook a lot more than we used to!  We usually meet up and get dinner or coffee out so we can have girl time, but I have lots of memories over dinner together.  And I am very grateful for this recipe from her because it is easy and filling. 

8 can Taco Soup
*1 can Black Beans, drained & rinsed *1 can Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed {We are not huge bean people, so I left out the pinto beans and just did black beans--so my soup was technically only 7 cans} *1 can Petite diced tomatoes, drained *1 can Sweet Corn, drained *1 can White Chicken Breast, drained *1 can Cream of Chicken Soup *1 can Green enchilada sauce *1 can Chicken brother *1 packet taco seasoning
-Combine in large pot, heat until warm. Done :)
*Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese

We had our soup garnished with sour cream and cheese. Our friend Barton joined us for dinner and college football, so I had some jalapenos for him to add some spice to his.  We had chips and queso on the side.  It was great warm dinner.

And I enjoyed a cup of Apple Cider for dessert.

No comments: