November 21, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Impossible Pumpkin Pie

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away.  November has gone by very quickly so far and I am looking forward to a few days off work to spend with family and my hubby.  

We start our Thanksgiving festivities this weekend with a Thanksgiving Communion dinner with our Young Adults group.  So I figured I'd bring out the Pumpkin Pie recipe to bring with us.  Both of our moms do most of the cooking for Thanksgiving day and this year we will be with David's family, so I figured I had to find some time to make this pie so why not share it with friends!

And bonus it was super easy.  Like ridiculously easy.  I guess that's why it's called Impossible?

 You take all the ingredients (see recipe below)
 And add them to a blender.  No specific order or separating things, just throw them all in there
 Blend it all together.  If you have a Vitamix this takes approximately 2 seconds (seriously, I thought there was no way it was all blended because of how quickly it happened, but it was!)
Pour into a pie pan.  Bake at 350 for an hour.  Voila.  

Impossible Pumpkin Pie
*3/4 Cup Brown Sugar *1/2 Cup Biscuit Mix *1 Can Pumpkin *2 eggs *2 tablespoons melted butter *2 teaspoons vanilla *1 large can evaporated milk *1 teaspoon cinnamon
-Mix all ingredient with blender
-Pour into pie pan
-Bake 350 (60 min)

It looks and smells amazing.  Here's hoping it tastes as good as it seems!  We'll find out tomorrow and I'll be sure to report back 

No comments: