April 18, 2017

Family Birthday Dinner

This past weekend, in addition to celebrating Easter, we also got to celebrate a very special guy

 David's dad and Cooper's Pappaw!  His birthday is this week, so we had dinner together Saturday night to celebrate him.  Since getting out with Cooper for more than an hour or so is quite an ordeal, David's family kindly came to us and brought a delicious dinner from Pappasito's.  We enjoyed fajitas, cake and conversation.  And of course Pappaw was a little overshadowed by all the attention that Cooper got, but I don't think he minded. 


Big life transitions (like having a baby) are always a reminder to me of the things we will miss out on with my Dad.  When I think too much about it, it makes me sad that Cooper will every only know one of his grandfathers--but the one he has is a pretty fantastic one and I know he will enjoy making lots of good memories with his Nanny and Pappaw. 


Cooper is a lucky little guy to have so many people who love him!  He definitely didn't mind all of the attention and snuggles Saturday night.

No comments: