March 9, 2017

Cooper's Room

Welcome to Cooper's Room!
I already had his name hanging on the wall above the changing table, but I thought this banner with his name on it that Erin made for my shower went perfectly over the window!  It adds some of the red in with the Navy curtains.

Before we knew we were having a boy, I had decided to use navy as the main nursery color and then accent with either red or lavender/pink depending on gender.  So once we found out we were having a boy, we added in the red accents.  Once we had the navy and red going, it only made sense to have a baseball theme since that's his daddy's favorite.  I love the way everything came together!

We mounted the bat above his name on the changing table wall and then at my shower, Erin had one for everyone to sign, so I switched the plain one out for the the one that has names of people who love him.  We plan on having other family and visitors sign when they come meet him in a few weeks!

This rocking chair is the most comfortable seat in our house.  David's parents offered to buy us a rocking chair last Fall and we went and picked this one out at Buy Buy Baby.  It's so wonderful.  It rocks and reclines.  I sit in it most nights when I wake up in the middle of the night and need to change positions.  

 The framed hat, bat, and ball was from my friend Stephanie who used it in her son's nursery.  Everything else is homemade--more details coming tomorrow

 We already had a crib from when we had foster kids, so we just needed some bedding.  We got some navy sheets and I made a plain navy bedskirt to go around the bottom (to hide all of the things I'm storing under the crib!).  And for now I have these 2 beautiful homemade blankets on display on the crib, but we will move them once Cooper starts sleeping in here!  We just installed the video monitor last weekend to be able to keep an eye on him once he starts using his nursery.

 The red polka dot blanket is the first gift I received for Cooper.  My best friend from High School has an etsy shop where she makes baby blankets, so I had asked her if I could buy a customized one to bring in the colors we wanted.  Once I told her what we wanted, she made it and gifted it to us.  It's red and white polka dot flannel on one side and navy blue minky on the other.  And the quilt was made my by sister-in-law's mom who sews beautiful handmade quilts.  It is a Noah's Ark theme with the ABC's on the back.  We love it!

We bought this cube organizer during Target's New Years Organization sale.  We've already got it stocked with some books and toys as well as the carriers that we are planning to use.  I love that it still has lots of room to add other toys and things that we get along the way.

And we have a ton of storage space in our closet.  We've got baskets for extra blankets and supplies, shelves with shoes and feeding supplies on them and then a few clothes hanging up with these dividers between them.

I am so in love with how Cooper's room turned out and can't believe it's almost time for us to meet him!

1 comment:

erin m said...

SO cute and fun!! I love all the sweet little details :)