March 31, 2017

Friday Favorites

Well we have officially reached our due date.  Since I know that's just an estimate and that a lot of first time moms go past their due date, I've had it in my head since we learned that our due date was March 31 that we would have an April baby.  It's looking like that will be the case.  Which really is fine.  We're just enjoying our last few days of us time and I'm trying to get lots of rest.  And we know that no matter what we will get to meet our little guy very soon.  

So before the blog becomes all about Cooper, I thought I'd take today to share a some current favorites for Friday Favorites, linking up with Momfessionals.

I mentioned that I have been doing the Lent study through Shereadstruth.com  They are going through the book of Isaiah and each day we read 2 chapters of Isaiah, usually a few verses from other books and then there is a devotional.  I really am enjoying it and this past Monday's verses and devotional were a good reminder of God being enough for everything.  

These pictures of Lily are one of my very favorite things this week.  We went on a couple of long walks last weekend and Lily was so happy to come along.  David snapped these pictures when we got home on Sunday afternoon and I love how she is smiling and so very happy in them. We love our dog a lot-- we just think she is a lot of fun-- and it was fun getting a few pictures that show that personality instead of all of the ones of her sleeping all the time (since that's what she is usually doing!)

Speaking of dog friends, I sent a package of gifts to my sweet friend Nicki this week.  Nicki is having a baby boy in June and her showers are coming up in April, so I wanted to get something to her before Cooper comes.  I made a variety of things, but this onesie was a favorite for sure.  It was fun using some heat transfer vinyl to make something to honor their 2 precious pups!


I also used HTV to make a shirt and onesie for David and Cooper.  The bear on Cooper's onesie is appliqued and everything else is vinyl.  It's been fun playing around with the HTV to make some new things!

I am loving Avocado Toast these days.  I have never been a big breakfast eater, but with pregnancy that needed to change.  For a lot of the last few months that has been satisfied with peanut butter sandwiches or these frozen sausage biscuits.  I really love the sausage biscuits, but I know they are maybe not the healthiest option.  A few weeks ago someone randomly posted in a group I'm in about eating Avocado toast for a snack while she was breastfeeding and I thought it sounded amazing.  So I've made it pretty much every day for breakfast for the last 2 weeks.  I've been using a toasted whole wheat bagel thin, scrambling 2-3 eggs and then slicing half an avocado to put on top.  It definitely has hit the spot for my salty cravings and I can feel good about eating some protein in the mornings.

I've maybe posted about this one before, but I really do love this stainless steel tumbler.  I bought the Sams Club version over the summer and David and I both use them constantly.  I've been trying to stay very hydrated and have been able to drink over 100 oz of water a day over the past few weeks because this keeps it cold (which I love).  And I'm loving eating the ice at the end of every full cup of water. 

I have been a fan of Milk and Honey Tees since I first heard about them a couple of years ago. The shirts I have from there are so soft!  I bought a Christmas one this past year and still wear it to bed most nights.  So I recently splurged and got this new one and I am really loving wearing it.  I got it a few sizes bigger so that it fits well now and is good for wearing around the house as well as out and about.  

Those are a few things I'm loving these days!  Happy Friday!



No comments: