March 3, 2017

High Five for Friday

Well today is officially 4 weeks until Cooper's due date, so I thought it'd be fun to do some random updates on Fridays until he gets here to look at what all is going on around here.

 

1}  I've been trying to stay active in the final stretch of waiting for Cooper and the weather this week has definitely helped!  I've gone on a walk every day this week--most of the time with Lily.  She loves exploring the park and I love getting some exercise while I listen to podcasts.

2} Another helpful thing in my walking routine is my new Fitbit.  I've been wanting one for a while and eyeing different sales.  A few weeks ago, they were on sale on Groupon and I had some money saved up from a rebate app I've been using when I shop, so I used those rewards and bought one.  It definitely helps me remember to stay active!
3} I spent a lot of time this week planning out some freezer meals for us to have once Cooper's here.  We had debated back and forth about buying an extra freezer to store meals and other things in and I had been looking for one on sale.  Last weekend, Sams had one on sale so we decided to use some leftover money we'd gotten at Christmas to buy one.  So we now have a deep freezer in our garage and I can't wait to fill it!  Our freezer in our house fills up quickly, so when we were originally planning freezer meals I had to pare down quite a bit, so I am very excited to now have the freedom to stock up on a lot of foods and get us set for a little while!  Today I went to Sams and bought all of the meat we need for the freezer meals and to have for crockpot meals down the road.  Next week I'll get the rest of the supplies from Aldi. 

4} There are so many apps and websites for tracking baby's development during pregnancy and I like looking through them all.  One of the funniest things is all of the different comparison for measurement each week.  I've enjoyed seeing the ones on Babysizer.com  which says that this week Cooper is the size of a 2 Liter of Mountain Dew (why Mountain Dew over other drinks?), a Power Drill, and a Footlong Sub sandwich.  But my favorite this week was one of the apps that told me he is the size of a large cantaloupe.  Not just a cantaloupe, but a large one.  I'm now going to the doctor every week so it's fun to hear his heartbeat each week and get his measurements.  

5} I've been enjoying another semester of Women's Bible Study at Woodcreek.  This semester we are studying 1 Peter and it's been neat to get an in depth look at the instruction, warning and encouragement in this book.  I also decided to follow along with the Lenten study on She Reads Truth.  They are going through Isaiah during the season of Lent and there are scripture readings and a devotional each day.  I'm looking forward to reading through all of Isaiah in the coming weeks!

Happy Friday!  We've got a fairly low key weekend ahead (most of our weekends this month are pretty open) and looking forward to getting a few things done around the house together.

No comments: