March 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: Waiting for Cooper Edition


It's the last Wednesday of the month, so I'm linking up with Mix and Match Mama for What's Up Wednesday!
What we're eating this week
A lot of random things and leftovers.  When I went grocery shopping Monday, I didn't buy a whole lot.  Since we're in the final countdown to Cooper's arrival, we're just eating what we can find.  Monday was leftover Sour Cream Noodle Bake that I'd frozen the last time I made it.  Last night we had half price burgers from Sonic.  Otherwise we're eating sandwiches or going out this week!

What I'm reminiscing about
With Cooper's due date drawing near, we were reminiscing about last July and when we found out we were expecting.  It seems like forever ago and not that long ago all at the same time!

What I'm loving


I've been spending a lot of time on my exercise ball the past few weeks and I am loving it.  I use it to help get baby in a good position, but it honestly has been the most comfortable place for me to sit.  When I recline on the couch or anywhere else, everything is all squished up, so sitting on the ball makes me sit up taller and I feel better on it.  So I am loving it

What we've been up to
Lots of walking!  This past weekend the weather was really nice, so we checked out White Rock Creek Trail near our house and walked several miles both days.  I enjoyed the time with David and Lily.


What I'm dreading
As excited as we are to meet Cooper, I know a new baby will bring a lot of craziness to our lives.  So I'm dreading the idea of not getting much sleep for the coming months.  I'm already such a terrible sleeper that I worry about how things will go, but I know we will adjust!

What I'm working on
Coop's baby book!  I decided not to get an official baby book and just create our own photobook.  So I've been compiling different topics and questions that I want to include from various sources and getting as much done before he comes as we can.  In addition to all of the projects for his nursery, I've also made a few new headbands for myself and I've been working on some gifts for a few other friends who had/are having babies.  I mailed off the last gift yesterday, so my current list of projects is down to nothing.  But I've got a few ideas for things to make in my little bits of time in the coming months.

What I'm excited about
Meeting our little guy!  

What I'm watching/reading

We are watching The Voice for the first time this season.  We've never watched it before, but I am usually watching the news on NBC in the evenings, so one night we were home and The Voice came on and we started watching and got interested in it.

My book club just finished reading Maude this month and I really enjoyed it.  It is the biography of a woman who grew up in the early 1900s and her family story as written by her granddaughter.


What I'm listening to
Still lots of podcasts.  I've been listening to several about pregnancy/parenting recently and have really enjoyed some of the ones put out by New Mommy Media so that's a lot of what I've listened to.

What I'm wearing
Mostly yoga pants and t-shirts since I go walking most days.  Also Maxi dresses as they are so comfortable right now!
What I'm doing this weekend
Who knows!  Either having a baby, holding my baby or waiting for a baby by enjoying a weekend with David.  Guess we will find out soon.

What I'm looking forward to next month
Figuring out life with our new little guy! 

What else is new
Nothing really.  Sorry for probably the most boring What's up Wednesday ever since it all revolves around waiting for Cooper.  There's just not a lot else going on around here right now!



No comments: