January 26, 2015

Cooking Up Memories: Lasagna


Things are back in full swing for us and it is going to be a busy week in the Daniels household.  We've got our regular Bible Studies and groups already planned.  On top of that we went to a training this past weekend to be ESL tutors through The Richardson Adult Learning Center and classes start this week.  Add to that it's the last week of the month and that makes my work crazy and we are running all over the place this week.

So I decided I should cook up one of the main dishes that could last us a few meals and this lasagna seemed perfect.  It was pretty easy to put together and I cooked it tonight on our one night at home.  It turned out pretty tasty and I am looking forward to the left overs for lunches and dinners.

Lasagna
*1 jar  Spaghetti Sauce *Ready Bake Lasagna noodles *cottage cheese *1 cup Mozarella Cheese *1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese *1 cup Cheddar Cheese *1 egg *1 cup Water *Hamburger meat {I had extra from my New Years Day cooking that I had frozen, so that helped speed along the dinner process tonight!}
-Combine egg, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozarella, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese
*Prepare hamburger meat, then add spaghetti sauce and water
*In 9x13 pan, layer bottom with 1 cup sauce
Layer with Noodles, cottage cheese mix (1/2 mix), sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mix (other 1/2 mix), sauce, noodles and rest of sauce.  Top with remaining mozarella and cheddar cheese
-Bake at 350 for 45 minutes


No comments: