January 3, 2015

Cooking Up Memories: Alla Panna Sauce

This recipe was one of many given to me by a former co-worker Becky.  I decided to make it last night as we had dinner at home and looked ahead to some of our plans for 2015 using Jennie Allen's Dream Guide.  It was fun to have dinner together, look back at some favorite moments of 2014 and look ahead to what we want to do in 2015 as we try to be more intentional with our time.  

It was a super easy recipe and we enjoyed it with pasta and garlic bread.  The best part is that we now have a full jar of this sauce left over to use for other meals coming up!
Alla Panna Sauce
(Best served for dipping bread or over tortellini)
*1 large can tomato sauce *1/2 cup heavy whipping cream *2 ounces velveeta
-Simmer on stove until mixed

I've also done some other make-ahead meals this week.  Last week I found a few recipes for things you can make ahead and freeze then take for lunches, so I knew I wanted to try some for David's lunches during the week. On New Years Day we watched football most of the day, so by late afternoon I was ready to do something different so I whipped up these meals while David and a friend watched the games.  I love the layout of our house because I can be in the kitchen and still be part of the conversation in the living room!

I made: Chicken Taquitos, Homemade Hot Pockets (Pepperoni and Beef Pizza and BBQ Chicken), Ham and Cheese Sliders, and Lasagna Rolls.  And I got to use my new cookbook/tablet holder that David's sister gave me for Christmas--it was perfect!

  
Our newly full freezer!  I also have a recipe to make individual chicken pot pies, but there's no more room in our freezer so I'll wait on those!  I'm glad to have our freezer stocked up for a while with easy lunches and dinner for nights when we're on the go.

No comments: