January 18, 2015

Cooking Up Memories: Hot Applesauce Crisp

 This is one the many recipes I received from my friend at work, Becky.  And when I was looking through all of my recipes I knew this would be a perfect one for the cold winter months when we were looking for a warm dessert.

We had dinner at our friends' new house on Friday night, so I told them I would bring dessert.  I whipped this crisp up right before we left and it stayed warm in their oven while we ate dinner and played games.  We served it up with some ice cream and all really enjoyed it!


Here's what was left after our dinner party! :)

This was a really easy dessert.  It's not quite as good as an apple crisp since it doesn't have the apples in it, but it was a great dessert for when I need something really quick but still really good.

Hot Applesauce Crisp
*1 cup dry biscuit mix  *1/2 cup Sugar  *1/2 stick Butter
-Combine biscuit mix and sugar.  Cut in butter

*16 ounce can applesauce *1/2 cup Brown Sugar *1/2 cup Nuts *1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon *1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
-Combine and place in a pie pan
-Sprinkle top with biscuit mixture

Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes

No comments: