October 25, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Chicken Spaghetti

We hosted one of our first groups at our house last night!  We've been involved with ICF Friday night home group and Bible study with international students for the past year.  When we were looking at buying houses one of the things we wanted to use our house for is hosting the Home Group.  The group rotates between different houses each week, so it was fun to finally be able to have it at our home.

The person who hosts home group makes the main dish for dinner and then everyone else brings sides and desserts.  In brainstorming to think of main dishes that feed a lot of people, I kept coming back to Chicken Spaghetti, because it is relatively easy and can stretch a long way if it needs to.  So I made a batch of the Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti that we had a few months ago and I also decided to try out a new Chicken Spaghetti recipe I had.  My friend Becky gave me this recipe for Chicken Spaghetti and it was just different enough from the crockpot one that I had to try it!

It turned out to be a big hit--I think most people liked it.  And it was a great meal for this group.

Chicken Spaghetti
*1 pound Chicken *1/2 box noodles *1 can Rotel (drained) *1/2 container medium size sour cream *1/3 block Velveeta *1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
-Cook Chicken and Separate {I put about 4 lbs of chicken in my crockpot covered with chicken broth and water yesterday morning and cooked it on low about 6.5 hours.  Then I cut it all up to get about 8 cups of chicken to use between all the recipes.}
-Cook Noodles
-In saucepan, heat sour cream, velveeta, and rotel
-Combine with noodles and chicken.  Top with cheddar cheese
Bake 350 for about 25 minutes
I used at least twice as much of everything and tried to triple most of the recipe to make 2 dishes of chicken spaghetti and 1 dish with everything but the chicken.  The ratios didn't come out to exactly 3x everything but I still think it worked out okay.


 We had a great night hanging out with friends over dinner and then studying the Bible together
 So grateful for the opportunity to have this group over!

No comments: