October 26, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Spaghetti Casserole

We've had a busy weekend of hosting people.  After ICF on Friday night, we opened up our house last night for a World Series Watch Party and Hangout Night with some friends from the Young Adults Group after the Woodcreek Block Party.  And tonight we had my family over for dinner!

My mom is the only one in my family who has been over, so I was excited when things were finally settled and we could set up a time for everyone to come see the house.  I decided to try out one of my new recipes for this dinner too (my lucky family and friends who get to be my guinea pigs!).

Tonight I decided to make Spaghetti Casserole, which is another dish from my friend Sami.  I was trying to find a dish that would easily feed my family and maybe give us some left overs, so I doubled the recipe just in case we went through all of one tonight!  But one of the dishes fed all 6 of us (my nephew ate his own food) with some left over--it was very filling.  We are all pasta lovers in my family, so it was fun to try this one out.
Spaghetti Casserole
*-2 tablespoons butter *2 cloves garlic *1 teaspoon sugar *1 teaspoon salt *pepper to taste *1 pound ground beef *3 cans tomato sauce *12-16 ounces spaghetti (cooked) *3 ounces cream cheese *1.5 cups sour cream *6 green onions, minced *1/2 pound cheddar cheese (shredded)
-brown meat (pour out grease) set aside
-add butter, garlic, sugar and salt to skillet.  cook till melted
-Add meat, sauce and pepper simmer uncovered 20 minutes
-mix onions, sour cream and cream cheese
-place cooked spaghetti in a greased 9x13 pan
-top with cream cheese mix, the meat sauce, then cheese
Bake 350, 30 min uncovered


The Spaghetti Casserole was very yummy and a big hit with most everyone.  We had it alongside garlic bread, salad, and garlic mashed potatoes

And for dessert I made these Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars with chocolate chips.  They turned out super yummy!

It was a fun night seeing everyone!  Especially this guy who put on a rock concert for us.  He was very talkative tonight and told us all about what's going on his life.  Such a great night with family.  Which is exactly the purpose of all this cooking-- to gather people together around a meal.  I just love doing that in our new house at our new dining room table.

No comments: