September 6, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

This is one of my favorite recipes.  My sister in law had given me this recipe a few years back when I first got my Crock Pot and had asked for suggestions.  I made it several times when I was single and would eat off of it for a week and still be able to freeze some for another time.  For some reason, I haven't made it for David since he and I have been together but now seemed like a good time!

 It's a crock pot recipe, but not one you can let cook all day while you're gone.  But it is perfect for this weekend while we are spending our days packing up our apartment--I got it started and then checked on it occasionally and then we had lunch ready!

A whole crock pot full of Chicken Spaghetti. We'll see how long it lasts now that I have to share it with a boy ;)

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
*16 ounces spaghetti {I used whole wheat this time} *1 lb Velveeta light cheese *2 12.5 ounce cans of chicken breasts, drained *1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup *1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup *1 can rotel {I only used about half so it wasn't too spicy for me} *1/2 cup water
-Cook and drain the spaghetti according to it's instructions
-Spray crockpot with Pam {I usually use the crockpot liners for this one because it can be hard to clean up, but I was out of them, so Pam it was!}
-Combine all ingredients and stir
-Cook 2-3 hours.  Stir often {our was ready after 2 hours.  I stir it every half hour or so}

Very yummy lunch for our day at home!

No comments: