September 12, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Chicken Parmesan

We are moving into our new house in about a week, so I have been trying hard to clean out our pantry, freezer, and fridge by cooking things that we already have the ingredients for.  I'm also using this month to make a lot of main dish recipes since we're trying to find meals that will last us a few days in the midst of all the craziness.  This Chicken Parmesan was the perfect recipe for both things--the only thing I had to buy was the Parmesan cheese.  I love the fridge to freezer chicken from Costco--you get the whole sale price but they are already split up into 1 lb of chicken each vacuum sealed packs so they are easy to thaw a little at a time for different recipes.  

 I had a busy end of the day at work yesterday and ended up getting home later than I planned, so it was nice that this recipe was really easy to put together

I served it with the rest of the spaghetti from our pantry and some broccoli from our freezer.  Our friend Barton came over last night so he joined us for dinner and I think this got the nod of approval from both the guys :)

Chicken Parmesan {Recipe from my sister-in-law Rachel!}
*4 deboned chicken breasts *1 stick butter *1/8 teaspoon garlic powder *3/4 cup pepperidge farm dried bread crumbs {Obviously from the picture above, mine are Walmart brand ;)} *3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
-Melt butter and mix in garlic powder
-In a separate, shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
-Dip chicken breasts in butter, then into the bread crumb/parmesan cheese combination
-Place chicken breasts in 8x11 or 9x12 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray
-Cover pan with foil
-Bake at 350 30 minutes covered with foil and another 30 minutes uncovered until golden brown and tender
{One thing I loved about this recipe was that nothing really has to be measured.  A stick of butter, a sprinkle of garlic powder, I measured out the bread crumb, but just used 3 handfuls of cheese instead of measuring it... nothing has to be too exact which made it a great recipe for me!}

I don't make a whole lot of Italian food at home, so this was a nice change from our usual meals!

No comments: