September 26, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Pumpkin Bread

It's the first week of Fall and we are in our new house!  I was so excited when we found this house in August and I knew I'd get to decorate it for Fall!  So in honor of that, my first recipe to cook in the new kitchen is Pumpkin Bread.

I was first introduced to Pumpkin Bread by Nicki during our years at Baylor.  She would make it every Fall and share it with me :)  A few years ago I found a recipe for Pumpkin Muffins that I really like so I usually make those each year.  But I got a recipe for Pumpkin Bread from a co-worker in my wedding gifts, so I decided to try this one out.  I just pulled the loaves out of the oven, so I tried one fresh-from-the-oven slice and it was yummy! Can't wait to enjoy more of it

Pumpkin Bread
*3 cups Flour *2 teaspoons baking soda *1 teaspoon salt *1 teaspoon cinnamon *3 heaping teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *3 cups Sugar
-Sift all these dry ingredients together
Add: *1 cup oil *4 eggs *2/3 cup Water *1 15ounce can Pumpkin Puree 
Mix well and separate into 2 greased bread pans.  
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes {mine needed 65 minuted to cook completely}

And a quick sneak peak of our kitchen!
 Love my island and the built-ins right by the kitchen to add space.  I'm using that area for all of my baking stuff!

A view from the entry
 
I loved this free print that I found on Pinterest, so I had it printed and added it to my kitchen decor!
And today I finished up our Command Center.  I made the chalkboard calendar, added a few pockets for mail, receipts and coupons, a mason jar pen holder and a shelf for keys and miscellaneous items!

Pictures of the rest of the house will have to wait a few weeks.  I'm not decorating or getting much settled until after the repairs we're having done the first week of October--so after that I'll get it set up and show the rest off!



No comments: