November 18, 2013

Recipe Favorite: Biscuit and Gravy Casserole


This weekend I tried out a new breakfast recipe and I'm glad I did.  

David will eat pretty much anything that I make, which I'm very grateful for, but one of his favorite things in the world is gravy.  So when I saw this recipe for Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Casserole  on Pinterest a few months back, I knew I needed to tuck it away.

We followed the recipe fairly closely--I already had some cooked sausage, so I didn't put in the onion to cook the sausage, I just made the gravy with flour and milk and then added the cooked sausage at the end.  And we didn't have canned biscuits, so we used Bisquick for drop biscuits--it probably would have been prettier with Grands or other refrigerated biscuits, but it tasted good either way.

I knew it was a winner when 2 bites in David said "we should make this again sometime"

And more than likely we will :)

No comments: