September 29, 2018

Sooner Bear Shirt

We are off to Norman today for our big football game and a day of introducing Cooper to the OU stadium.

Last year when we went to the game Coop had the perfect shirt:
My sister-in-law, Aja, had this onesie made for us and gave it to me at my shower.  And I thought it was perfect for wearing to the game.  As I looked closer at it, I realized that the OU and BU were made from fabric that I had used for burp cloths and bibs and other projects.  So I decided to use some of the scraps I had leftover to try to make something similar for this year:

 It was pretty easy to put together.  The shirt is from Hobby Lobby.  I printed and cut out a football and then used it to trace half on the Baylor fabric and half on the OU fabric, making sure to get the letters in it.  I made the football bigger this year, so it has more than just the letters, but since that brought in some extra color I left it like that even though it's maybe not as neat and tidy as just the letters like last year.  

After cutting it, I ironed it on the Wonder Under and then ironed it onto the shirt.  I sewed around the football using a zig zag stitch (green thread on the Baylor side and red thread on the OU side).

I used Heat Transfer Vinyl, cut with my Silhouette, for the Sooner Bear words.

Overall, it was a quick project.  Cutting, ironing, and sewing I completed the whole project in one night after Cooper went to bed.  And I already had the fabric, HTV, and wonder under, so the only cost was the shirt itself!

It's fun getting to make a few customized things for Coop.  They aren't as perfect as things I might find on etsy or other places, but I like how it turned out and can't wait to share today with him!

No comments: