September 27, 2018

Hallway Update

Yesterday I shared this picture of Cooper at the end of our hallway and all of my hallway projects.  I've had a few projects tucked away and just looking for the time to do them and the place to put them and finally I decided to add some things to our hallway.  So here's a glimpse of it all:
On the left is our photo map with the quotes around it.  On the right is our new ruler growth chart and then some shadowboxes and clocks.

I had seen the idea of doing shadowboxes for important family moments (wedding, birth of babies) and then a clock to represent the time.  And I thought it was really sweet.  So I'd bought the shadowboxes months ago and then finally completed them.  Our wedding one has the invitation and program, a picture of the bridal party during the ceremony, the penny I wore in my shoe that David's mom had given me, and the earrings I wore.  Cooper's shadowbox has his birth announcement, his Little Guy onesie, a hat he wore in the hospital, and a piece of the hospital bracelet.

And then I bought the clocks at Walmart and set them to 4:00 and 7:53 respectively.  And I made up this sign to go with them.  We decided to put them at the beginning of the hall so we can add more as time goes on.  And they're in the middle height-wise so we can put some of our family pictures up above and below them if we want to move any from our living room.  I did joke with David that we can only have like 3 more kids before we run out of wall space for shadowboxes and he reminded me that we'd probably run out of room space before that so room for shadowboxes was probably the least of our concerns ha!

I also have been wanting a growth chart ruler for a while and I found one at Hobby Lobby a few months ago and used by 40% off coupon to snatch it up.  We debated about where to put it.  Originally we'd planned to put it in Cooper's room (since if we have more kids, our kids will likely share a room in this house at least for a while) but then decided on the hallway.  So I painted it and mounted it in the small space between our bathroom door and our bedroom door.

And then we marked Cooper's height at birth, 6 months, and 12 months.  Can't wait to add 18 months next week!

And our photo map isn't new, but we've definitely added some more states!  We added 5 states on our Fall trip in 2016, Missouri Thanksgiving 2016, New Mexico in April, and Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama last month!  As we've been getting more states closer together I've had a harder and harder time tracing them.  When I did our states for our beach vacation, I decided to try finding an image of the state online and resizing it to the size of the one on the map and using that to trace and it worked perfectly.  It seems like such a simple idea, I don't know why I didn't do it before!  I just measure the width of the state on our map and then resized the image to that width and kept the proportions locked and it worked out exactly right!  

It was fun having a few new things to work on and adding some more personalized decor to our house!



No comments: