December 12, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Cookie Brownie Bars

This is one of the desserts that I have been wanting to try for a while and was looking for the right time to make it.  We had our annual Young Adults Holiday Hoedown this week and the girls were supposed to bring a sweet snack to share, so I decided this would be a good one to take and share with friends--because what says Christmas more than rich desserts?


It's got cookie dough, brownies, oreos and chocolate bars.  Chocolate craziness

 Layer it all and bake it and it looks like brownies when you're done

Here's my half-eaten piece so you can see the inside of the bar

I'll be honest, this wasn't my favorite thing.  I figured with how much I love chocolate (brownie, oreos, and cookie dough are 3 of my favorite things) these would be a no brainer, but the mixture ended up tasting weird to me and it didn't flow together.  I tried a piece warm out of the oven and then another piece the next day after they cooled--neither one was something I felt like I had to have again.  With that said, I've seen this (or similar) recipe on Pinterest a lot and a lot of people love it, it just wasn't my favorite.

Cookie Brownie Bars
*Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough *Oreos *Brownie Batter *Hershey Bars
-In a 9x13 pan Layer in this order:
Cookie Dough
Oreos
1/2 the brownie batter
Hershey Bars
Rest of brownie batter

Cook 40 minutes at 350

No comments: