December 31, 2014

2014 by the Numbers

I didn't set specific goals for this past year.  But as I read through other people's goals for 2014 and from years past, I knew that I wanted to keep track of a few things for fun just to see over a year what that looks like.  And some of them were related to things I wanted to do more of this past year--such as cooking more meals at home and having more people over to our home.  So here's a look at a part of my year by the numbers...

New Recipes Tried: 33

Books of the Bible read through: 42

Movies seen in Theaters: 11

Books Read: 102*

Total People Hosted**
       At our Apartment: 23
       At our House:        57

Trips Taken:  7


What a year it's been!

*List of books coming soon along with reviews of some of my favorites!
**There's some overlap between people we had at our apartment and people we've had over to our house, but in 2014 there were 23 different people we had over to our apartment at one time or another.  And since we've moved to our house we've had 57 different people over for different dinners and events.  Of all the things I'm excited about from 2014, this is the one I'm most thrilled by.  I want so badly to be hospitable.  We bought a house for the purpose of having people over.  So I'm excited to see that since we moved in 3 months ago we've already had 57 people over.  It's not about numbers and I still have a long way to go to cultivate my heart of hospitality, but I'm grateful for the opportunities we've had to invite others over!

No comments: