July 3, 2008

beach, books, and buckets

Today was our first full day at the beach and it was absolutely wonderful! I started my morning at the beach "jumping waves" with my little cousin Emily. She was scared to go out in the water because the waves were getting her, so we decided to jump over them... she had a blast and it wore us both out! The rest of my morning and afternoon at the beach was spent sitting in a lounge chair, sipping on a drink and reading. I finished my book that I had brought with me, and am very excited to start on a Nicholas Sparks' book that is at our condo! There is nothing better than spending a day reading by the water!

In the middle of the afternoon we came in and watched TV and ate lunch and rested up for an evening at the beach! When we went back out in the evening, we watched my little cousins play, which was very fun. The girls got out their nets and went to catch things in the ocean. They caught a bunch of snails (or crabs as they call them)--and filled a bucket! The boys (Noah and Mason) tried out their new skim boards. They both spent a lot of time trying to get it right and had a lot of fun!

Now we all just finished eating pizza and are curled up under the blankets watching TV. My cousin had to take my aunt to the doctor, so the rest of us are just resting tonight!

Here are a few pictures from today:



The girls checking out their bucket of snails

One of the boys trying out his skim board

We are very excited for the 4th tomorrow. We are planning to go do some shopping and go see Wall-E before enjoying some fireworks on the beach!

And one last thing: Emily and Wendy are sitting here helping me write up our day and they say hi too!

The books I am reading:

1 comment:

Nicki said...

What is Match Point? Is it any good? Hope you're having a great time in Florida!! We're having fun in Kingwood, but I haven't had any time to update the blog yet. Love you!!