November 29, 2018

What's Up Thursday


Well I had every intention of doing this yesterday, but ended up napping during Cooper's nap time and just never had the time.  So this week it's what's up Thursday.


What we're eating this week
Honestly?  Not a whole lot.  We were hit by a stomach bug this week (hence the nap instead of blogging yesterday), so we haven't really been eating much at all.  I made a whole chicken in the crockpot Monday and that is the only thing I've cooked.  Hopefully the bug has finally passed and we will be eating some yummy things soon!  I have all the stuff for taco pie, just waiting for our appetites to catch up.

What I'm reminiscing about
We put up our Christmas decorations over the weekend, and honestly I'm reminiscing just a little about our first Christmas in our home-- when we decorated however we wanted to without any thought of little hands getting things they weren't supposed to.  There's a lot of fun things about having a toddler at Christmas, but the decor definitely suffers a little ;)  Just looking at this picture makes me laugh thinking about all the things on this shelf he would destroy in a matter of minutes!

What I'm loving
The extra long Christmas season!  With Thanksgiving being so early, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost a week longer this year than it will be next year and I really am loving it.  I love all of the Christmas lights up everything and the decorations and the music.  It just makes things a little more fun for me.

What we've been up to
A whole lot of nothing this week.  Cooper got sick Monday as we were heading out to go to MOPS, so we quickly cancelled our Monday and Tuesday plans.  Then I got it Tuesday night which cancelled our Wednesday plans.  Today we finally got back out in the land of the living, but we've been pretty pathetic the rest of the week.  I took this picture Monday afternoon-- I was watching a movie and Cooper just laid on the floor in front of me... he was wide awake but just exhausted.

What I'm dreading
Nothing too much--maybe just sickness season.  It feels like we've already been hit hard this year with Hand Foot and Mouth, the flu and a stomach bug all before December.  Crossing my fingers we're just getting it all out of the way early, but seems like things might only get worse.

What I'm working on
I've been back at my sewing machine lately and I am loving it.  I made a few different gifts for people as well as some matching pajamas for us!

What I'm excited about
Along with the Christmas theme of the rest of this post, it is our first Christmas season at The Heights and I am excited to get to participate in their big Christmas outreach called Three Trees this year.  The very first Sunday we visited our current ABF was the Sunday before Three Trees last year and right after we went they were taking a 3 week break.  We left that day feeling pretty certain that God was leading us to plug in there and spent the rest of the month working through some of that.  It's crazy to see where He's brought us in the past year.  And I'm excited to get to be a part of Three Trees this year, especially since some of the families I work with through ESL and the Apartment Ministry will be there.

What I'm watching/reading

All the Hallmark Christmas Movies.  I usually just catch whatever's on, but this year I set our DVR to record most of the new Hallmark Christmas movies and have had them on in the background.  They're all really cheesy, but also fun.

What I'm listening to
Christmas music-- what else?  Also lots of podcasts, I feel like I have more podcasts than I can listen to!  Some current favorites are Risen Motherhood, That Sounds Fun with Annie Downs (Christmas Party editions!), Journeywomen, and The Lazy Genius.

What I'm wearing
I love that it's been cold enough to wear my Bearpaw boots some already!

What I'm doing this weekend
Our town's Christmas parade, celebrating my birthday with my family, and our ABF Christmas party!

What I'm looking forward to next month
All the Christmas things!  We love just driving around and looking at lights and listening to Christmas music.  I can't wait to see what he thinks of everything this year.

What else is new
That about sums it up!

No comments: