November 16, 2018

Fall Arboretum Trip

We enjoyed another trip to the Arboretum today. My sister-in-law offered us two tickets that she had, so I invited my mom to join Coop and I for a trip to the Arboretum.  The tickets are good through the end of the year, but I saw that if we went before Thanksgiving then we could visit the pumpkin village and see all of the 12 Days of Christmas, so I figured it was a good time to go. 

First up we walked around and looked at the 12 Days of Christmas displays.  It was fun hearing all of the music and seeing the decorations and Cooper did well in the stroller for this first part of the day...

But then he was ready to get out and run run run.

I was trying to take some pictures of him by the Christmas tree and he just kept running around and then decided to sit on the bench, so a bench picture it was.

Once he realized he could touch the Christmas ornaments he stayed still for at least a few seconds.

Little guy with a tall tree

Then we headed over to Pumpkin Village where I got this one picture of him looking at the camera.

He wanted to hold the pumpkin, but especially thought it was funny to throw it off his lap

 
Sweet silly smiley boy

Then he climbed this bridge approximately 25 times.

Cooper overheard someone mention lunch, so then he was ready to eat.  He kept trying to run over to the picnic tables where a few field trip groups were eating their lunches.  So I grabbed one more picture with him and then we packed up to head out.  He got a snack in the stroller and was content.

It was a beautiful morning-- we couldn't have asked for better weather!  And it was fun getting to check out pumpkin village before it's gone for the year.


No comments: