May 23, 2015

Cooking up Memories: One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake

As I said a few weeks ago, I knew I got behind on the recipes in April when I was dealing with a broken foot, going out of town for a funeral, and getting ready for a week-long vacation.  Our weekly activities during the school year are all wrapped up for summer now, so hopefully I'll be able to have some more time in the kitchen.  

To try to catch up a little, I planned a dinner this week that included this main dish, Muffin Tin Rolls, and Double Chocolate Chip Cake.  I had planned to make it Wednesday evening, but we ended up with last minute dinner plans with friends, so I pushed it back to the weekend.  

We were planning a double date night with our friends Amy and Chad and when Amy suggested a low key dinner and game night, I told her I had all the ingredients for dinner ready to go.  So we enjoyed a night of dinner and Banagrams.

This recipe came from my Aunt Sandy.  It was very easy to put together.  I cooked it a little longer than the directions said, but some of the rice still didn't seem to get cooked completely--but other than that it was pretty good and definitely a simple dinner for busy weeks.

Served up with a side of broccoli and yummy rolls.

One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake
*1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup *1 cup Water *3/4 cup uncooked Regular White Rice *1/4 teaspoon paprika *1/4 teaspoon pepper *4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
-In 2 quart shallow baking dish mix soup, water, rice, paprika and pepper.  Place chicken over rice mixture.  Sprinkle with additional paprika and pepper.  Cove
-Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
*For creamier rice, increase water to 1 1/3 cups {I did use this amount of water, but the finished product seemed a little too liquidy to me when it was done, so I probably will only use 1 cup the next time I make it}

I posted all 3 recipes for this dinner/dessert today, so be sure to check them all out.  The rolls and cake were both delicious!

No comments: