May 25, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Mexican Rice

This recipe is another one from my old co-worker, Becky.  It is one of the few side dishes I had, so I just hadn't gotten around to putting it into our weekly meals until now.  But I decided to make it tonight along with a fajita recipe I had found.


Since it was raining for Memorial Day (and pretty much all of May) we couldn't use our grill, so I was excited to try a recipe I found on Pinterest for Easy Oven Fajitas.  The fajitas and the rice both turned out well and were a delicious dinner for us tonight.  Definitely something I will make again!

Mexican Rice
*3 tablespoons Oil *1 cup uncooked Rice *1 teaspoon Garlic Salt *1/2 teaspoon Cumin *1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder *1/2 cup Water *2 cups Chicken Broth *8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
-Fry rice in oil until beginning to turn brown
-Add chicken broth & water
-Add mix (spices) & tomato sauce
-Simmer until rice is tender

No comments: