May 23, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Double Chocolate Chip Cake

I wanted to make a dessert to go along with our dinner this week and this recipe for a chocolate cake seemed pretty simple.  I ran by the grocery store on my way home yesterday and picked up a few ingredients for it and then I set to work.


My favorite part of this recipe is that the instructions are as simple as--mix together, pour into 9x13 dish and bake.


So I did.  And then it baked for an hour while I worked on the other parts of dinner.  When it was done my house smelled amazing and we had an awesome moist cake ready to go.  This recipe was just for a cake and I decided to try it without icing since that is David's least favorite part of cake.  And it was plenty delicious just by itself.  

We served it up with vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate syrup.  Yum!

Double Chocolate Chip Cake
*1 small package instant Chocolate Pudding Mix *1/2 cup Oil *1 small package instant White Chocolate Pudding Mix *1.5 cups Water *1 package Yellow Cake Mix *4 eggs *1 cup Chocolate Chips
-Mix together, pour into buttered 9x13 dish.  Bake 350 for about 60 minutes {mine was actually done after 60 minute!  One of the few recipes that my oven has cooked correctly}

I've made several bundt cakes in the past with cake mix and pudding mix, including a chocolate chip one that is similar to this.  But I loved baking it up in my normal cake pan--it was nothing fancy, but it was easy and very tasty!  Next time I'll try it with some chocolate icing.


No comments: