January 10, 2009

Testing the Crock Pot

It has been a CRAZY week. Very busy and then I got sick in the middle of it and suddenly before I know it, the weekend is here! One of the best parts of my week was I finally used the crockpot my mom gave me for my birthday. For Christmas my brother and sister-in-law gave me a slow cooker recipe book, and she also wrote out a few of her favorite recipes. So I figured I'd start by making one of her tried and true recipes!

So Sunday evening I made Chicken Spaghetti in my new crock pot. I love chicken spaghetti so I figured this was a good start! And it lasted me most of the week and I froze half of it for some later time when I want more!

Here's the recipe if you want to try it:
16 oz Spaghetti
1 lb Velveeta Light
1 Can of Rotel (I only used half)
2 Cans Chicken
1 Can Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup

You cook and drain the spaghetti noodles separately and after they are ready you add everything in the crockpot along with 1/2 cup of water and cook on low 2-3 hours.

It was a very good first recipe for my crock pot!

PS One of the BEST things about this recipe--it's from weight watchers, so it can't be that bad for you!

No comments: