December 12, 2008

Christmas Goodies!


So one of my favorite things about Christmas is baking! I love to make Christmas goodies. We had our office Christmas Party tonight which was a great excuse to make something! My favorite Christmas Goodies are peanut butter balls (also known as buck-eyes, or my friend Jill's family calls them chocolate bon bons!). So this week I spent lots of time preparing my peanut butter balls and they were well worth it!

Here is the recipe if you're interested:
*5 and 5/8 cups of powdered sugar (1.5 boxes)
*3 Cups Peanut Butter
*2 Sticks Butter (softened)
*12 oz package of chocolate chips
*1/8 lb of parafin

Mix the first 3 ingredients by hand. Roll into balls. Shape and chill overnight.
Melt parafin and chocolate chips over boiling water (preferred method is using a double boiler). Dip chilled peanut butter balls into chocolate and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator.

*The recipe actually calls for 1/4 lb of parafin, but my mom says she only uses about half that amount if that. I used about 1/3 of the 1/4 lb bar when I made them.
*I definitely don't have a double boiler--so I used a sauce pan with about 1.5 cups of water and boiled that and then placed a glass bowl on top that sat right inside the rim of the pan (not touching the water) and that's how I melted the chocolate!

Yum! :)

No comments: