May 31, 2017

What's Up Wednesday


It's the last Wednesday of May, so I thought I'd link up with Mix and Match Mama for a little What's Up Wednesday.
What we're eating this week
This is the first week since Cooper was born that I've planned out meals for the entire week!  We lived off of people bringing us meals for the first 6 weeks or so and since then I will plan a few meals.  This past weekend I sat down and wrote down meals for every night of this week.  We grilled burgers and I made a steak and veggies sheet pan dinner (which did not turn out as well as I'd hoped unfortunately).  Tonight we're enjoying one of our freezer meals (Tuscan Chicken Pasta), and tomorrow is BBQ Country Ribs.  

What I'm reminiscing about
Sleep :)  The first month Cooper was home he slept abnormally well.  He would nap most of the day and would give us a 7ish hour stretch most nights.  Well starting in May he would only nap about 30 minutes at a time during the day but still mostly slept well at night.  But the last week or so he doesn't sleep super well day or night.  His longest naps during the day are 30-45 minutes unless I'm holding him and some nights he sleeps through the night and others he's up which is no big deal since that's more normal for his age.  But last night he was up every 45 minutes unless we held him, so he and I slept in the recliner.  So I'm reminiscing about the good sleep we once had.

What I'm loving
The absolutely sweetest baby smiles

In exchange for sleep, we're getting lots of smiles and it definitely is a highlight of life with Cooper.  He has even started laughing a little bit at times.  He smiles almost immediately whenever I talk to him or kiss him and it just melts me.  I sure love being this boy's mom.

What we've been up to
We had a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Saturday we went to a going away party for our friends Aaron and Lydia.  They have been heading up the International Student ministry at our church this past year and have also been in our Community Group.  Aaron just finished his Master's so they are moving back to the Atlanta area to be closer to friends.  We will sure miss them, but we had a great time at lunch and got to introduce Cooper to some of our international student friends.

Sunday we went to church and then had dinner with our Community Group.  Our friends Amy and Chad hosted us for a potluck and we enjoyed BBQ and great time with friends

Monday we spent just the 3 of us.  We went out to breakfast and then spent the rest of the day at home getting ready for the week.

What I'm dreading
Tomorrow is Cooper's 2 month check up and he will get his first big round of shots.  I am definitely not looking forward to that for my boy, but glad that it will bring some better protection from illness so we can feel better about getting out more!

What I'm working on
A few top secret Father's Day Projects. :)  More details to come... later

What I'm excited about
It's been so fun to watch Cooper get more interactive this past month, so I'm excited to see him continue to learn more and more!

What I'm watching/reading
I have 3 different books that I am just now starting
Cooper isn't quite old enough where we want to try sleep training, but I am reading up on a few methods so we're ready when the time comes.  For now I'm just enjoying all the snuggles--during the day and night :)

 I've had a few people recommend this book, including my best friend who was on the launch team.  I just started it last night!

And a fiction book which I also just started last night, but so far am really enjoying

What I'm listening to
Still lots of Amazon music playlists/stations and some podcasts.  Cooper had a particularly fussy bedtime over the weekend and we found that he likes when I sing to him so I was singing him some hymns which led me to look up some albums with hymns on them so I can get some ideas for material

I also found this new podcast that I am loving called Risen Motherhood.  They tackle several parenting topics, but frame them in light of the gospel and it is just so refreshing and gospel centered.  I've already listened to several episodes and I've really enjoyed them.


What I'm wearing
Still lots of yoga pants and nursing tank tops.  I've also picked up a few new dresses from Walmart that I am really loving as the weather gets warmer.

What I'm doing this weekend
No big plans.  David is going to the Ranger's game on Friday night and we have church and Community Group on Sunday.  Otherwise we will probably be home.

What I'm looking forward to next month
Celebrating Father's Day and David's 30th birthday.  We also are having Cooper's baby dedication at our church!

What else is new
Not a whole lot.

No comments: