October 29, 2015

Pinterest Cooking: Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup

When it was pouring down rain last weekend, I started browsing Pinterest for some soup recipes and found this one so I decided to try it out.  Monday night our friends Lucas and Yali came over for dinner.  We hadn't seen them in a while, so it was nice to catch up.  I started this soup in the crock pot before I left for work and it was ready to go by the time I got home--I just had to shred the chicken and dinner was ready!  Lucas and Yali brought some homemade dumplings, so we had dumplings and enchilada soup for dinner and it was delicious.

I have several different taco soup recipes and I really like all of them.  This one was nice because the chicken cooked with the soup so I didn't have to do anything ahead of time.  And it isn't spicy at all--I did leave out the green chiles, so I'm sure that's why-- but the non-spiciness is a huge plus for me.  Even when I strongly limit the spices I use, I feel like the soups still end up spicy, so I was glad this one wasn't.

This soup was so easy to make!  I will definitely be making it again as the days get colder!

No comments: