June 17, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Shrimp Appetizer

For our Bible Study last night I also whipped up a shrimp appetizer recipe.  This recipe is one of the appetizers that was served at my bridal shower that my sister-in-law's mom gave me the recipe for with my gifts.

It has been in my stack of recipes and for the last few months I've been trying to find an opportunity to make it.  If I'd known how easy it would be to put together I probably would have made it a lot sooner.  I made them right before I walked out the door to head to Bible study, so I forgot to snap a picture before they were served... but here's a few of the left over ones after I got home:

It seemed like most people liked them and I thought they were delicious.  I will definitely have to keep this recipe in mind for other times I need an appetizer!

Shrimp Appetizer
*Athens Mini Fillo Shells *Boiled Peeled Shrimp, Deveined *Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce {They didn't have the Thai Kitchen brand at my store so I got a different one} *Toasted Sesame Seeds
-Cut shrimp into 3-4 pieces.  Place in bowl and mix with sweet chili sauce
-Toast shells in oven for 3-4 minutes
-Fill shells with shrimp mixture & sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds

It was a good kick off to this new Bible Study.  I'm looking forward to meeting with this group of ladies and talking through different topics--it's a fun mix of close friends and new friends and I think it'll be a good summer study!

No comments: