June 5, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Alfredo Sauce


In the recipes that my old co-worker Becky gave me, there were a few different sauces.  We've already had the Alla Panna Sauce and it was delicious, so I was looking forward to trying the Alfredo Sauce out too.  This recipe is so easy it's hard to consider it much of a recipe--but it was easy to whip up and made a good amount.


Alfredo Sauce
*1/4 - 1/2 quart of Heavy Whipping Cream {I used the whole pint container, so 1/2 a quart} *3 Tablespoons Butter *1 teaspoon Garlic Salt *1/2 cup Parmesan
-Simmer butter, garlic salt and parmesan
-Add Whipping Cream--continue stirring
-Begin to thicken after about 15 min. (Thickens more as it stands)

We had it on some homemade pizza (Chicken Alfredo with Bacon) and it was delicious!  And I put the rest of the sauce in a jar to enjoy with pasta soon. 

I also tried out a homemade tomato pizza sauce from Jen Hatmaker for another pizza and David really liked this sauce (his words--it's way better than regular pizza sauce) so I thought I'd share the link to her recipe too.  She has a recipe for homemade dough and sauce.  I tried the dough last week but it didn't turn out quite right, so we just used pre-made crusts.  I'll try my hand at homemade pizza dough again soon!


We stayed in last night with the homemade pizza and a few redbox movies.  It has been so nice slowing down a little with all of our activities on hold for the summer.  We have a few weeks with nothing planned on the weeknights and it's been great to be home--although I'm sure soon enough I'll be ready to be on the go again!

No comments: