March 19, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Incredible Apple Dumplings

This week's recipe was courtesy of my wonderful mother-in-law.  For some strange, unknown, unfathomable reason my husband does not like cake.  And although he likes some chocolate things, his favorite desserts are not chocolate.  His mom found this recipe for Apple Dumplings a few years back and David loved them.  So she gifted me the recipe at my shower.

This is one of the recipes that I have made before because I made it a few times in our first year of marriage (before I started this year of cooking through all the recipes).  It is pretty easy to put together and very delicious.  

I actually made this on Sunday, this is just the first chance I've had to blog about it.  We spent the afternoon working on our pool--we've had it covered since November, so we took off the cover and started the process of cleaning and shocking the pool.   I figured this dessert would be a nice treat after all of David's hard work.  We had BBQ brisket for dinner and apple dumplings for dessert--it was a great Sunday dinner.


Incredible Apple Dumplings
*2 Granny Smith Apples *2 cans Crescent Rolls *1 cup (2 sticks) Butter *1 1/2 cups Sugar *1 teaspoon Cinnamon *12 ounces Mountain Dew
-Preheat oven to 350
-After preheating the oven, grease a 9x13" baking dish
-Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside.  Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.  Roll each apple wedge in a piece of crescent roll dough, starting at the smallest end of the dough.  Pinch to seal and place in baking dish
-Melt butter and stir in sugar & cinnamon.  Pour over the apple dumplings.  Pour Mountain Dew over dumplings
-Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown

No comments: