August 21, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Sour Cream Enchiladas

This week's recipe was for Sour Cream Enchiladas.  Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are one of my go-to meals at Tex-Mex restaurants, so I was excited to try this recipe.  Although this recipe is made with ground beef, not chicken, which seemed to surprise a lot of people when I said I was making SC Enchiladas they assumed chicken and so did I at first honestly.

We had invited our friends Lucas and Yali over for dinner Wednesday, so I thought I'd include them in this week's experiment.  

 They made guacamole that included a jalapeno from Yali's garden and we enjoyed it alongside our chips and queso.  
Lucas declared these the best enchiladas he's had since he came to America, so I think that means they are a win!  We all really liked them and they were very easy to make!
And of course a Mexican meal with friends isn't complete without Sopapilla Cheesecake!

Sour Cream Enchiladas:
*1 pound hamburger meat *taco seasoning {I decided to make my own taco seasoning for the first time from this recipe and we loved it--and bonus I have a whole mason jar of it for the next time we want taco meat!} *Flour Tortillas *1 can cream of mushroom soup *1 package cheddar cheese *small carton sour cream
-Cook meat and add taco seasoning
-In separate pan, combine soup and sour cream-heat {I may have completed missed the whole "in separate pan" part of that step until just now which explains why I was confused about heating it, so I just heated this mixture for a minute in the microwave... good note for next time that there might be a better way to heat it!}
-Fill tortillas with meat, roll and line in pan
-Layer with sour cream mix
-Top with cheddar cheese--cover with foil
 Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

I can definitely see us adding this to our normal rotation of meals, since was fairly easy and so yummy!

No comments: