August 14, 2014

Cooking Up Memories: Chicken Pot Pie

This week's recipe was chicken pot pie!  I don't have a set way to pick each week's recipe--the 1st 2 I chose based on our schedules for those weeks.  This past week I showed David the list and had him pick one out and that was the one he chose.  I'll probably try lots of different ways of picking recipes--some more thought out and some random

But the Chicken Pot Pie was a big hit in our house.  I sent this picture to my co-worker who had given us this recipe to let her know it was hubby approved!

Chicken Pot Pie
Crust: *1 1/4 cup Flour *1/4 teaspoon salt *1 stick cold and cubed butter *3-5 tablespoons ice water
{I mixed together the flour and salt, then used my pastry blender to cut in the cubed butter and ice water}
Filling: *3 tablespoons butter *3 tablespoons flour in a saucepan {I melted these together} *add 1 teaspoon salt *add 1/2 cup chicken broth with 1 pint half and half {I cooked this over medium heat while I assembled the rest of the pie}
-Cook Chicken and veggies {I used 3 10 ounce cans of cooked chicken since that seemed easier to me and a bag of frozen mixed veggies that I cooked up}
Layer: Crust, Chicken, Veggies, Sauce, Crust
Bake at 425 for 30 minutes

I will definitely be making this one again some time!  David ate on it all week and enjoyed all of the left overs too!

No comments: