October 2, 2013

Wedding: Ceremony

The Wedding Ceremony was a really special time.  All week long when people asked how I wanted something done or if something started to go wrong I would say some version of: I don't care too much--even if nothing comes together we'll still be married at the end of Saturday.  That was the attitude I tried to carry through all of the planning and as a result I was able to really enjoy myself all weekend long.  

So the Wedding Ceremony was perfect because it ended with us being married.  

It started with our families being seated







And then our lovely bridal party entered...

Then the music changed and the doors opened...


 I walked down the aisle with my brothers, surrounded by so many awesome family and friends

 and I met my groom at the front



 We were so grateful for Scott performing our ceremony.  We loved meeting with he and his wife beforehand and are grateful for their mentoring through this life together.  I don't remember everything he said, but I know I liked it :)


We decided to compile our own vows.  We searched lots of different ideas on the internet and mixed and matched different ones to come up with something we liked...

Laura, I love you and I know that this love is from God. Because of this, I want to be your husband so that we might serve Christ together. Through the pressures of the present and uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to you and love you. I promise to guide and protect you as Christ does his church, as long as we both shall live. Laura, you are a gift to me from God, and I hope others see His heart and love in the way I care for you. Today, I pledge my love to you.
David, I love you.  I prayed that God would lead me to His choice.  I praise Him that tonight His will is being fulfilled.  Through the pressures of the present and uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to you and follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God, that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and that our home be a praise to Him.
 After the vows and the rings we took communion while our friends Jon & Sami sang Dancing in the Minefields


 Then we looked each other again, Scott prayed over us, we kissed and then we walked out as Mr. and Mrs. Daniels!




No comments: