November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! On Wednesday I spent the morning baking desserts with my mom and then we packed up and headed to my Grandpa's house in East Texas. It was Allie's first trip to grandpa's house and she loved and hated it. She hated the fact that she was surrounded by lots of new people--when Allie was inside she turned into shy Allie who would curl up in my lap or Nick's or my mom's and not go near anyone else. In fact, everytime my Grandpa got up, Allie started barking and growling! We had to remind her that it was HIS house, so she just needed to settle down. Allie did however love the backyard. There was nowhere to escape, so she was able to run free around the yard without us worrying--and she found her first leaves. Allie spent an hour in the morning running along the side of the fence and sliding through the leaves. She wore herself out!

I enjoyed getting to spend the time with my family that was there. We played games and caught up on life. Enjoyed lots of good food too! My plate yesterday consisted of Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Corn Casserole, Carrots, Cheese, and Artichoke dip. I also dipped into a couple of desserts (we had five different kinds) and had Chocolate Eclair and Sopapilla Cheesecake!

I am very thankful for my wonderful family and all of our good conversations! We are spending the rest of the weekend cleaning, going to the movies and decorating my mom's house for Christmas!

No comments: