November 28, 2008

Recent Obsessions

So I tend to find something and then not be able to get enough of it... so here are a list of some of my recent obsessions:

1. Panera Bread
The other day I took Allie in to Petsmart and there happens to be a Panera right by the Petsmart and I made the mistake of going in. I became absolutely hooked! I have gone at least 3 times in the last few weeks to get a bagel before work. I first fell in love with Panera while at Baylor when Nicki and I would make trips there for breakfast or studying. Unfortunately, it's an expensive habit to keep up!


2. Barnes and Noble (or Borders!)
I have always loved book stores and have enjoyed looking around, but recently I have spent hours on end looking through all the books and trying to find what I might like most. I love looking through fiction books, cookbooks, inspirational books, but my favorite to look at recently have been books about children with special needs--I have found quite a few good books on this topic and I love reading different perspectives on certain illnesses, diagnosis, and disorders so I can learn more about the kids I work with.


3. Coffee and Hot Chocolate
So for those of you who know me well, you know I am not a fan of coffee. I do like various drinks at Starbucks, but very rarely like coffee I make at home, even with added sugar or creamer. But on cold mornings in the last few weeks I have found my new favorite drink--it's half coffee and half hot chocolate. I am a big fan of hot chocolate, so I tried mixing the two and I absolutely love it!

4. Cookbooks
I have recently found many new cookbooks and love looking for recipes of new things to make. My favorite things are things I can bake like breads, muffins, and cookies. But I am trying to find more recipes for meals and recently have made homemade chili and cornbread! I hope to try out some new things soon.

These are just a few of my recent favorite. And speaking of favorites, I absolutely love this commercial for Macy's that has come out recently! I'm sure you've seen it, but if you haven't check it out!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

i'm glad you like the christmas design... it's still a work in progress! :) i love your new layout too!!!!