August 9, 2008

Here's to my Fabulous Friend

Oh what a week it's been! Things at work are still very crazy, but I was able to take a day off this week which was such a nice (and much needed!) break! The best thing about this week is that one of my very best friends, Lara, is home from Germany! She had been gone for almost a year and just got back last weekend, so I took off Wednesday to spend some fun time with her!!

We started the day by spending time with Allie-girl at the dog park. Then we headed back to my place and got ready for lunch and a movie. We went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, which we really enjoyed--and we especially enjoyed seeing it together!

Last night I went to her "Lara's back in America Party" at her friends' apartment and then she came to stay the night with me. Our time has been filled with lots of conversation and laughter and I realized how much I have missed this beautiful girl!

Sadly, she is leaving next Monday to go back to school--but at least she will be in Texas, just not in Dallas. But all that means is that I have even more reasons to take Road Trips out to West Texas. So I'll definitely have to plan some trips to see both The Kenningtons (in Abilene) and Lara (in San Angelo)

No comments: