August 14, 2008

and the moments when your heart breaks...

I wrote on Tuesday about the little reminders of reasons to smile. Of things that just make my heart happy. Who knew that only 24 hours later my heart would be breaking? I can't go into much detail here--but last night was rough and so was today. It just makes me realize how quickly life changes. How much we should not take each moment for granted. As my heart was aching last night, I also saw God working. In the details of encounters. In the way that certain things did not happen as planned which ended up being so much better than if they had. And once again I was reminded of God's faithfulness, of His promises--in the moments when everything is wonderful and in the moments when everything you know is shaken.

Great is thy faithfulness Oh God my Father, there is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not; As Thou has been Thou forever will be.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I LOVE YOU!!!! I'm praying for you best friend!!