February 16, 2018

High Five for Friday!

February is almost halfway over!  So I thought I'd do a quick little update on our month so far.

{One} We kicked off our month with our first trip to After Hours Urgent Care for Cooper.  He had a cough most of the day on a Friday but it was off and on.  After dinner time it started getting worse and sounding pretty bad, so we tried sitting in the steamy shower room for a while and then called our pediatrician's after hours line.  They listened to him breathe and thought we should take him in to have him checked out.  So we loaded him up in his pajamas and went to urgent care.  Luckily there was not a long wait and we were seen quickly and diagnosed with Croup and an Ear Infection.  He got a shot for Croup and then a prescription for an antibiotic for his ear.  We went back to his doctor today and she said his ear seems to be healing--he's still got some fluid, but it's not infected, so we're going to try some allergy medicine for a few weeks to see if that clears up his congestion.


{Two} We tried out our very first music class this week!  We had registered for one at our church, but there weren't enough babies so they combined it with the toddler class which put it right at Cooper's naptime, so we decided not to do it for now.  Most of the local library storytimes are also during Cooper's naptime so we hadn't gone to any yet.  But after our music class fell through I started searching more intently and found one at the library in one of the Dallas malls that is free and is at 12:30, which right now is a perfect time for us!  So we tried it out Monday and Cooper loved it!  There were scarfs to play with, egg shakers to shake, and songs to dance and clap to.  We'll definitely be back again!


{Three} We enjoyed Cooper's first Valentine's Day with a day at home together.  He wore his Valentine outfit and shoes and we played and didn't do a whole lot.  I did snap a few pictures of him in our nursery chair-- I think this is his last "first" holiday that we'll celebrate since he's already had his first Easter, so crazy that his first year is almost done.  (and after I took this picture, it reminded me of a few other holiday pictures in this chair, so if you want to reminisce here's Cooper's first Halloween, Father's Day and Easter.)



{Four} Valentine's Day also brought our second after hours urgent care trip of the month, this time for me.  I burned the palm of my hand while cooking dinner (grabbed the handle of my skillet forgetting it had been in the oven and was hot--so dumb of me) and it was still hurting pretty bad and starting to blister some after we finished eating, so we decided to go ahead and have it looked at.  I have some second degree burns on a few of my fingers, but luckily it's healing pretty well and I'm able to use my hand again some--which is a must for chasing around Cooper all day!

{Five} I am so glad Friday is here!  We've got a fairly low-key weekend.  I am hanging out with a few friends tomorrow for lunch.  Sunday we'll have church, but for the first Sunday in a long time, we don't have any plans in the afternoon or evening, so we'll be resting and enjoying some family time!

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

Amy said...

There's always St. Patrick's Day if you want one more themed outfit :)