November 2, 2017

Cooper's First Halloween


Our sweet little pumpkin celebrated his first Halloween this week!  I had looked at several different ideas for Halloween costumes, and I actually had one picked out that I was going to make using our Lillebaby carrier.  But then we realized our church wasn't having their usual Fall Festival.  And we weren't going to take Cooper out trick or treating.  So we weren't really going anywhere for Halloween which meant that it seemed silly to have a costume that relied on the carrier since we'd mainly have a costume for picture taking.  So I'm tucking that idea away for next year maybe.  

Then I remembered that Cooper had this monster onesie and a matching hat that we were given as a baby shower gift and it seemed perfect for his low-key first Halloween.

 Our sweet little monster
 On the move!

Cooper had a Dr appointment to get his flu booster shot, so we took his monster outfit for a spin.  All of the ladies at the front desk were a fan of his silly hat.  He kept taking it off, but he left it on for a while before removing it each time I replaced it.

After David got home, we ate dinner and then camped out on our front porch to hand out candy.  We weren't sure what the crowds would be like since it was cold and a little rainy, but it ended up being a nice evening and we had a pretty good group of people come through.

 If I'd thought more about it, I probably would have made David and I some monster costumes too.  Maybe next year we'll have a fun family costume.  This year our little monster stole the show.


Love my little family!  Lily also hung out with us (on her leash) under David's chair.  She actually does really well with people coming up to get candy, especially since they don't ring the doorbell.

Around 7:30 we had finished off one bag of candy and so we decided to call it a night instead of opening the second bag.  We put Cooper to bed and then David and I watched This is Us.

It was a fun Halloween with our little guy!

No comments: