November 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: Thanksgiving Week

It's Thanksgiving week!  And I realized I haven't posted in a few weeks, so I thought this would be a good way to catch up on the month. 

What we're eating this week
Lots of Thanksgiving foods!  We had Thanksgiving dinner with our Community Group on Sunday to kick off the week.  And we will be spending the rest of this week with family.  I also made my Grandmother's coffee cake recipe for breakfast since that is one of the foods I most closely associate with Thanksgiving

What I'm reminiscing about
Thanksgivings of the past.  David and I realized this week that this will be our 5th Thanksgiving together since we've been married and we will be in our 5th Thanksgiving location.  We've been in Palestine, Cleburne, Garland, Branson, and now Oklahoma.  It's been fun to see so many different family members each year!  But as we've talked about old Thanksgiving traditions, it made me reminisce about all of our Thanksgivings spent with my grandparents.  Almost every Thanksgiving before I got married was spent in Palestine at my Grandparents' house.  And now that my Aunt and Uncle have moved, we no longer even have family in Palestine to go visit.  So I've been going through all my memories of years (and people) who are all a part of the past now and remembering it all fondly as we enter this new stage with Cooper's first Thanksgiving!

What I'm loving
Having a little guy to dress up for the holidays!  Cooper ended up with a lot of Turkey clothes, so he's been wearing them all week!

What we've been up to
Beyond just normal day to day stuff, we've been trying to enjoy some of the nicer weather we've just been having.  David is off work this whole week and when I asked him how he wanted to spend Monday, he chose a family walk on some trails that we'd been to before Cooper was born.  It was a fun day out with Cooper and Lily.


What I'm dreading
We've officially got a crawler on our hands.  As exciting as this milestone is, I dread figuring out all of the things he is going to get into and trying to find a way to make our house safer.  I love all of his new milestones, but I will at least somewhat miss the days of putting a baby down and knowing he'd be right where I left him!

What I'm working on

I made this wet bag last night to help hold Cooper's bottles and spoons when he's done or clothes that he gets messy.  I followed this pattern and was able to whip it up in less than 30 minutes and I think it's super cute!  Looking forward to making some more reusable waterproof bags in the near future!

What I'm excited about
Thanksgiving with family.  We're looking forward to seeing David's family this week and spending time with them for Cooper's first Thanksgiving.

What I'm watching/reading
We're still working our way through several shows on our DVR.  I also am enjoying Food Network's Holiday Baking Championship and Christmas Cookie Challenge!

What I'm listening to
Podcasts.  And maybe a little Christmas music.

What I'm wearing

Lots of t-shirts and jeans.  I also pulled out my boots and scarves a few weeks ago, so I am enjoying boot weather!

What I'm doing this weekend
Decorating for Christmas, spending time with friends and a dinner with my family.

What I'm looking forward to next month
Cooper's first Christmas!  We're looking forward to starting some new traditions with him and enjoying the lights and fun of December!

What else is new
Not a lot!

No comments: