August 29, 2015

Pinterest Cooking: Italian Shrimp & Chocolate Mascarpone Pound Cake

Once again I made 2 recipes this week.  

We've been meeting with our new Community Group for about 2 months now.  One of the things we decided at our "vision casting" meeting was that one week of the month we would get together for dinner and fellowship.  So we had our first dinner together on Wednesday.  It happened to fall on our friend Mary's birthday, so we tried to let her pick the theme.  Although she didn't really want to pick, they jokingly said that anything by Giada would be a good way to go, so we settled on Italian food.  And I ended up taking a few dishes.



I did an internet search to find one of Giada's recipes and came across this recipe for Chocolate Mascarpone Pound Cake, so I made that for our dessert.  It was a very interesting cake--because it was a pound cake, but the mascarpone cheese gave it some lightness in the texture.  I thought it tasted pretty good.


I also wanted to make non-pasta heavy main dish.  I found this recipe for Italian Shrimp on Pinterest and cooked it at my mom's house.  She helped me peel the shrimp, which was the hardest part (because this recipe was so easy).  I thought this turned out very well and several people said they liked it.  It was so easy and turned out so well, that I told a few friends at work about it the next day and one of them went home and made it Thursday night and said she loved it.  This is definitely one I will make again for us!

It was a great night of dinner and fellowship with friends.  And yummy food is always helpful when gathering with friends. 

No comments: