August 7, 2015

Pinterest Cooking: Chocolate Lava Nutella Cookies

So about a year ago, not too long after I started cooking through the first set of recipes, I received this message/pin on Pinterest from my good friend Amy

I jokingly told her it could be "number 52 from my good friend Amy."  I hadn't gotten around to looking at it much, but this past week I was trying to think of a snack to serve at our Community Group and I remembered this request. 

So I baked up the Chocolate Lava Nutella Cookies on Wednesday night before everyone came over and I told Amy I was only a year late in making her requested recipe.  I baked up 2 dozen and they seemed to be a big hit.  They are very rich, so 1 cookie is plenty!

You make them in muffin tins and add dark chocolate chunks in the middle, so they end up looking more like muffins than cookies--but either way they were delicious.  I had some left over, so I will probably freeze them (per the recipe instructions) and bring them out next time I need a little dessert.


Mine turned out a little darker than the picture on the recipe--my cookie dough was very dark before baking since it has Nutella mixed in.  

These were a good snack for our group on Wednesday.  We've been meeting with our new community group for a little over a month now and are still praying through and figuring out what that group is going to look like.  I'm continually grateful for good friends to walk alongside and a home to have people over.  And a kitchen to bake goodies in :)


No comments: