July 28, 2015

Pinterest Cooking: Southwest Pasta Skillet

It's a busy week here at the Daniels house.  We've got things going on every night this week, so when my day at work fell apart (aka all my visits cancelled) by 9:00 this morning, I decided to take the afternoon off.  Luckily my sweet best friend was able to move up our hang out time to this afternoon.  So I spent the afternoon with Erin and was able to be home this evening.  

Once I knew I'd be home tonight, I figured I should plan something for dinner.  So I figured I'd try out a new recipe.  I texted David to give him some options and he chose the Southwest Pasta Skillet.

This recipe was very delicious and very easy to put together.  I started boiling the water for the pasta at 5:41 and by 6:21 the meal was done and so were all of my dishes from the prep work.  Any dinner that takes 40 minutes from start to finish, makes a ton of food (enough for David to have 2 helpings tonight and us both to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow and maybe beyond), and is as tasty as this was is a winner in my book!

This pin linked to a recipe on the Kraft Recipes website.  

I followed it pretty closely, but there were a few changes.  We don't usually have milk in our house, but I did have some half and half so I used that instead of buying milk.  I used my own homemade taco seasoning and I had a can of Rotel, so I used that instead of a can of tomatoes and a chopped green pepper.



This recipe was definitely a winner for us!

No comments: